You can either have the Pathways staff layout your ad for a very reasonable fee (see rates page) or you can create your ad yourself, convert it to a pdf file and email it to us. Display ads work best when you have an effective headline that grabs the reader's interest and creates a desire to learn more about your goods and services. Names or titles do not make effective headlines. Try something that you think makes your product or service unique and desirable. A clear and simple graphic or photo can also add interest to your ad. Once you have piqued the reader's interest, the body copy of your ad can be in small type that provides just enough useful and unique information to generate a phone call or a trip to your web site. The main purpose of your ad is to generate inquiries. You can sell your products and services much more effectively with personal interaction. Fancy borders, grey screened or black backgrounds and the use of many different type styles are not effective print advertising tools. They detract from your central message and often confuse and annoy readers. Grey screens behind type can also make the type very difficult to read on newsprint. For sizes and prices go to the Ad Rates section. PLEASE NOTE: The printer reduces the ad to 88% of it's original size. Please do not use any type smaller than 10 pts in your ad (12 is even better).
If you would like us to typeset your ad:
Mail, fax or e-mail us the typed content of your ad. Please send the copy as an attached file in Word or text. Please do not use a style sheet. If you have an idea how you would like the ad to look, you can mail or fax us a rough mockup of how you would like the ad to look. If you have a graphic (ie. logo or drawing) or a photo, please email it to us as a jpeg or tif file for photos or a tif or eps file for graphics. Line art should be 600 dpi and photos should be 300 dpi. Please do not send low resolution photos intended for use online. If you do not have digital versions of your artwork, logo or photo that you can e-mail to us, we can scan the hard copy that you mail us for a one-time fee of $10 per scan. We will typeset your ad and then e-mail you a pdf proof for your approval.
If you are going to send us a finished ad:
1. We accept only "pdf" files. See below for hints at converting your ad.
2. Layout your ad with photos at 200 dpi and line art at 600 dpi.
3. Please do not use any low-resolution artwork, logos, type, etc. that have been taken from a web-site. They will not reproduce well on a printed page. If you are using another business’ logo or photos, contact them and ask them for images that meet the above specifications. If you submit and ad with low-resolution artwork, we can not guarantee their print quality.
4. Please do not send us a color ad if you are ordering a black and white ad. Black and white ads should be submitted as grayscale or black and white. Avoid “Rich Blacks,” which are blacks that are composed of the 4 CMYK colors (just use 100% K in your color specs) and should not be used in black and white or color ads.
If you are running a full color ad, please make sure that all images and text are done in CMYK color only--do not use any RGB or Spot colors. Make sure that there are no “Rich Blacks” in your ad. If you are creating any reverse type on a color ad, please make sure that it is at least 12 pt. in size.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you are creating a color ad please click here.
5. Convert it to a press-ready pdf file with all the fonts embedded, and no security or password protection.Email the pdf file as an attached file to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your ad file is too large to email, to can send it to our dropbox. Please only use the dropbox if you can not send via email.
Many software packages have pdf conversion capabilities. If you can not convert with your software it is very easy to do it online:
- go to https://www.acrobat.com/createpdf/en/home.html
- click on "Create a PDF now" and follow the registration steps (you can get a month's worth of pdf creation for under $10.)
- Follow the directions for creating a pdf file - make a press optimized pdf file
- Name your ad with your company name (please do not name it "pathways ad"
If you have any problems, give us a call at 240-247-0393 and we can help.
Pathways types all the logo listings at no charge. Simply e-mail your text to us. These ads are set up like little stories and, to maintain the integrity of the design, does not include any formatting, tabs, ALL CAPS or bold type--other than a bold phone number or email address at the end of the ad. Send your logo or artwork--there should also be a short headline or title to go with the art. Please email it to us as a jpeg or tif file for photos or a tif or eps file for graphics. Line art should be 600-1000 dpi and photos should be 170-250 dpi. Please do not send low resolution photos intended for use online. If you do not have digital versions of your artwork, logo or photo that you can e-mail to us, we can scan the hard copy that you mail us for a one-time fee of $10 per scan. If you do not have a logo or photo to use, use a short headline or the name of your business with a short sub-headline and we will type it in a headline typeface. Pick a category for your ad: Business Services, Classes and Learning Centers, Health Services, Human Development, Metaphysical Sciences or Psychology and Therapy and email to: email@example.com
RESOURCE DIRECTORY LISTINGS
Resource directory listings are available as 2 line listings or 4 line listings. There are up to 40 spaces, including the spaces between words, available for each line. Send us the listings and indicate which category for each listing (see Pathways for the many categories). Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALENDAR AND CLASSIFIEDS
Email your calendar or classifieds to email@example.com. We will put the first few words in bold type, but otherwise there is no other formatting
ADVERTISING HOME PAGE